CafePress is an online retailer of stock and user-customized on demand products.
I worked at CafePress for almost 3 years:
Director, User Experience: October 2005 – May 2006
- Managed the User Experience team
- Championed the site and users while supporting business needs. Focused on both overall site as well as specific task and channel conversion (SEM, DM, etc.
- Key member of strategic leadership team formed to increase revenue
Product Manager and User Experience Designer: April 2005 – October 2005
- Led Search and Marketplace project to launch a new tag system, search engine, and supporting site interfaces In September 2005
- Author of PRDs, functional specs, PowerPoint presentations, launch plans, user flows, wireframes and mock ups.
Product Designer & Information Architect: January 2004 – April 2005
- Project lead and UI designer for a highly successful service for providing a way to create and buy customized products. Launched May 2004.
- Handled research, site architecture, interface design and product categorization.
- Co-leader of extensive user research project. Included gathering direct and indirect data from 9 sources; analyzing and consolidating results; and presenting prioritized recommendations to the executive team.
- Design explorations for the next generation of Marketplace and Shopkeeper tools.